YEN is now looking for its new Secretary General. The selected person will manage the organisation on a daily basis, lead the office and work closely with the board. The position is vacant from 1 January 2021 and located in Berlin, Charlottenburg.
- Management of YEN Office and conduct of its daily affairs (including administration and communication);
- Financial management, administrative support and bookkeeping;
- Financial management of the organisation: budget controlling, handling of YEN’s bank accounts and all payments, bookkeeping etc
- Fundraising (searching for grant opportunities and developing partnerships),
- Development of project ideas; preparation and reporting of grant applications (on the European, national and regional level);
- Management and support of YEN staff;
- Support of the voluntary work of board members and their activities;
- Work in the field of European minority policy and European youth work.
Being Secretary-General of YEN is a demanding position, requiring excellent organisational and leadership skills.
Preferred qualifications of the applicant:
- Excellent knowledge of both English and German, additional languages are an advantage;
- Experience in NGO work, preferably youth organisations, ideally on a European level and in leading position;
- University degree and/or relevant work experience;
- Proven practical experience in financial and project management, applications and reporting to various institutions;
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and to work under high pressure and tight deadlines;
- Ability to lead, motivate and support the team as well as delegate tasks;
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as intercultural competences;
- Experience or interest in the field of human rights and/ or autochthonous national minorities are an advantage;
- Willing to work flexibly, also at the weekend and willing to travel;
- Knowledge about politics, policies, history and European contexts.
The applicant should show flexibility, initiative, personal commitment and motivation on supporting the activities promoted by the organisation.
- Full-time position (40 hours per week);
- Flexible working conditions;
- Workplace in the centre of Berlin (Charlottenburg) with good public transport connection;
- Frequent and extensive travel;
- Work in a dedicated young team;
- Inspiring and creative work environment at international level;
- The opportunity to enhance your knowledge of national minorities in Europe and youth work.
Work start: ideally 1 January 2021
Job location: Berlin-Charlottenburg, Germany
Application deadline: 23 November 2020, submitted to email@example.com.
The job interviews will take place in Berlin or digitally between 27 and 30 November 2020.
The applications should include:
- an application letter in English or German explaining the candidate’s motivation and qualification;
- a curriculum vitae,
- if available: references and credentials.
sent in one PDF file. A short introductory video in the other language than the application letter either English or German would be appreciated.
Tel: +49 17624775832