The Youth of European Nationalities (YEN) is looking for participants for the E-Training “Think beyond borders”, part of the YEN’s Digital Summer.
About the E-Training:
Even under the current circumstances when at home and not being able to travel, we want to keep our network active and connected and reflect on the current situation as well as the challenges national minorities face.
The E-training will focus on the causes and consequences of Populism and Nationalism as well as on critical thinking and media literacy, tools that are particularly (but not only) valuable in these challenging times. It will also invite you to think about and share possible (re-)action strategies, tools and good practices and build cooperation. The training will be led by Cihan Kilic and take place on Clickmeeting (you will receive further information after the registration phase).
Please note that the training will take place on Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday (19th–21st of June 2020). All participants are expected to participate in all 3 days of E-training.
- Friday, 19th of June: 5-8pm CET
- Saturday, 20th of June: 10am-5pm CET
- Sunday, 21st of June: 10 am-3 pm CET
Main Objectives of the E-Training:
- To create an understanding of what populism and nationalism are.
- To identify causes of rising populism and its consequences for young people.
- To promote critical thinking through challenging negative narratives surrounding minorities and combat populism that is based on it.
- To share best practices, tools, strategies and successful experiences among the participants mapping/documenting initiatives.
- To create space for networking and future cooperation among participants.
Profile of the participants
- Young members of minorities involved in their minority youth organisation,
- The ability to work in English,,
- Access to a computer (laptop or tablet) and a good internet connection,
- We can accept one or two members per organisation depending on the number of applications. There will also be a waiting list and the free places will be given to those who are on the list after the deadline,
- readiness to participate in all three days of training,
- Applicants who have already participated in YEN events as well as “Newbies” are welcome.
If you are interested to participate, please fill in the online application form.
After the deadline, applicants will be informed whether they are selected or placed on a waiting list. Additional information will be sent to you after your participation is confirmed by the office. If you have any question about the E-Training, please contact us at the below mentioned email addresses.
All participants are required to take part in all days of the E-Training.
The E-Training is a part of YEN Digital Summer and is supported by the European Youth Foundation of Council of Europe.