Call for Applications: “CONTRAPUNCTUS EUROPEUS – European Youth Against Populism and Xenophobia”
“CONTRAPUNCTUS EUROPEUS – European Youth Against Populism and Xenophobia”
When: 23-29 June 2019
Where: European Youth Center Budapest
Deadline for Application: 17th of May
CONTRAPUNCTUS EUROPEUS aims to explore how youth workers and youth leaders can challenge xenophobic attitudes and raise awareness about the role of populism in forming them.
It is developed in cooperation between the Alliance of European Voluntary Service Organizations and Youth of European Nationalities.
Aim and objectives
- To increase awareness about systemic and systematic discrimination against national, ethnic, racial, religious and cultural minorities.
- To raise awareness about populism as the main mechanism behind xenophobia.
- To develop critical thinking skills as possible response to populism.
- To develop competences in human rights education as a tool which can be used in youth work to address issues of xenophobia.
- To create the guidelines on tackling the issue of xenophobic-based discrimination in international youth projects.
- To develop skills on how to implement an inclusive approach in daily activities with young people and how to work with those youngsters facing discrimination.
Profile of the participants
This event is designed for youth workers, youth leaders, staff and board members, members of working groups and trainers that have experience in working with marginalized youth or dealing with issues of discrimination against national, ethnic, racial, religious and cultural minorities.
Please send your application (including the Application Form) no later than 17 May, 2019 to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information, have a look at the Call for participants_CONTRAPUNCTUS EUROPEUS_2019